Sunday, July 15, 2012

Ain't No Self-Importance Like Deseret News Self-Importance, Because Deseret News Self-Importance Don't Stop.


While I was reading the Deseret News (which is where I get all of my material; seriously it's like the BYU version of North Korean Propaganda) I saw an article by Amy Donaldson about Penn State maybe cancelling this year's football season. Nothing new, that's been passed around a lot lately, since you know, they were kind of involved in enabling a ancient pedophile have free range on their campus What struck me about it was her arrogance in her article. It seemed like it was nothing more than her taking a victory lap for being right about a horrible situation. 


It starts off with a standard rundown of the events that occurred and the recent developments, then it takes a turn when she wrote the following:


I got a few emails on the subject because last November I wrote a column about how the university should handle the remainder of the 2011 football season. And while I acknowledged there were reasons to keep playing, I suggested the reasons to cancel the remainder of the season were more important. I wrote:
For me, it came down to one question: Are we our brother's keeper?
...
 That coaching staff shouldn't coach another practice or game until university officials finish their investigation.
Then and only then, will it be time to play again
Let's just say I didn't get a lot of support back then.

WELL I SHOWED THEM! I WAS RIGHT THAT JOE PATERNO WAS A LYING SACK OF MONKEY SPUNK!

Alright, some people didn't support killing a university's cashcow until there were actually findings and a burden of proof which was confirmed in independent investigations and in a court of law. I want to punish someone for it, but I feel we should make sure we're making the right decision before King Solomon cuts the baby in half.

Let's continue:

Should they get rid of the football program? Not permanently, but definitely for the next two years. Every coach associated with the program needs to be fired. None of them have clean hands. If they did they'd already be gone. The players will suffer, and I am extremely sorry for that. But innocent people are already suffering because Paterno and company allowed Jerry Sandusky to use the program to victimize young boys.
Sh*t, let's just nuke the state of Pennsylvania while we're at it. I'm all for suspending the program for a couple of seasons or even giving Penn State the death penalty for their gross lack of institutional control, but I'm sure there are a few of those coaches that actually didn't know what was going on and were just as shocked and dismayed by it as much as the public was.

I know it's nice to be on that high horse, Amy, and tell people to quit their jobs because their bosses were complete pieces of sh*t, but some of those guys still have families to feed, and you can't feed your family with good, but overall empty, gestures. 

The people who were directly responsible for allowing Jerry Sandusky to get away from justice for so long are paying the price. The athletic director and school president are facing the heat and a probably prison time for covering up Sandusky's crimes. Hopefully they'll get serenaded with Pink Floyd, just like Sandusky did

The sad thing is that you can't do anything to Joe Paterno anymore, I mean unless you're down for some corpse defacing. Which under the circumstances, has me looking for decent shovel. Then again I hate manual labor so I'll probably just settle for my own fantasies of Joe Pa in Hell. Mmm... He's cooking good.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765590077/I-stand-by-my-statement-Penn-State-shouldnt-play-football.html?pg=1






No comments: